A year ago we celebrated Easter as a family of six. Never in a million years had I thought it would be our last as a family of six. Our last with Dan.


He colored eggs with the kids and played with them just before church. I remember how happy he was that the day we gave our lives to Christ, was Easter Sunday. He got a kick out of the boys saying they wanted to throw their hearts in the baptismal and give them to "cheese-us" too. 

This Easter will be bitter sweet. Knowing that my husband is in heaven because of the steps he took a year ago is nothing short of sheer sweetness. I do however miss him more than anyone could possibly imagine. The bitterness is in having to celebrate this holiday without him. He is very much going to be missed this Sunday.

1 comments:
Praying your Easter was able to have some joy in it despite the sadness of missing Dan. Thinking of you today.
Post a Comment